About This Program
Choosing Peace: Multicultural Tales to Ponder (On-Demand)
Hear a richly woven tapestry of stories from around the world that create the foundation for understanding and compassion. Students will explore the themes of peace, justice, wisdom, and compassion across diverse cultures. This package includes three pre-recorded lessons with stories and activities to share with students, along with an accompanying teacher guide that includes additional activities and extensions.
- Lesson #1: “Choosing Peace: Looking at Both Sides of the Hat” (Stories from Nigeria) – Point of View
- Lesson #2 – “Choosing Peace: Doing Your Part” (Stories from Myanmar/Burma, Thailand, China) – Taking Responsibility
- Lesson #3 – “Choosing Peace: It’s Up to You and Me” (Stories from Middle East/Israel, Iroquois) – Choosing Peace
Please note: the on-demand version of this residency is only available for grades 3-5. The in-person and virtual live versions are available for grades K-12.
Typically, residencies range from $2,500 and up, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly (performing arts only)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
"Noa is fantastic! She brings her stories alive so that this petite woman actually resembles a lion, a turtle--actually any character she takes on, when performing--without costume! I cannot say enough about Noa--the teachers, staff and most importantly the students were captivated by her storytelling."
"Noa was warm and engaging. She established immediate rapport with the audience, giving clear cues for decorum, but lots of space for appropriate response and participation. Her stories were mesmerizing, her timing impeccable, and her connection with the children genuine. Loved her!"
"I appreciated the diverse nature of the stories Noa told both at the performance and on her CD. She brought in elements of the cultures that the stories sprang from and made the stories come alive with her dramatic telling of them. Noa is truly an exceptional performer."