About This Program
Graphic Design and Multimedia Literacy
The Graphic Design and Multimedia Literacy residency cultivates a holistic understanding of digital and traditional design’s application in contemporary media. By the end of the residency, students will be competent in both Mac and PC environments, as well as Adobe’s Graphic Design software. At the residency’s conclusion, students will have a portfolio demonstrating their understanding of a wide array of software techniques and visual concepts.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $5,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly (performing arts only)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($110 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($110 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($110)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.