Introducing: Month of the Young Child
Join Arts for Learning Maryland in partnership with Maryland Association for the Education of Young Children for Month of the Young Child–a fun-filled month (April 10 – May 5) of arts-integrated workshops, lessons, and activities for ages 3-6.
With interactive, artist-led workshops designed for our youngest learners, participants will explore through dance, movement, and song! Educators, families, and caregivers will build skills and confidence in using arts strategies that support childhood development while students creatively explore topics like language, science, math, and social-emotional learning.
These engaging, impactful experiences are tailored to work for educators AND families, at home or in the classroom!
Access a NEW On-Demand, Virtual Arts Workshop with a different artist every Monday during the event:
- Plant an imaginary seed in Singin’ Sunshine with Alden Phelps
- Empower individual self-expression in Bye Bye Blues with Vesper Osborne
- Learn a traditional Irish Song and Dance in A Céilí: An Irish Music and Dance Party with Marsha Searle
- Have fun learning how to write letters in the ABCs of Rap with Baba Bomani
Weekly Lesson Extensions: Practice skills and engage students in each new art form.
- Revisit and reinforce what students learned in weekly workshops while incorporating arts into your day with carefully crafted lesson plans that integrate learning with music, dance, visual arts, and theatre!
BONUS Friday Meet-and-Greets: End each week of Month of the Young Child by meeting that week’s workshop artist LIVE on Zoom. Ask questions, share and celebrate what you learned, and try something new!
A new, on-demand workshop will be released to stream each Monday and available to rewatch for four weeks after its premiere.
Learn more and register today at artsforlearningmd.org/moyc